Sunday, July 10, 2016

What Are Your Thoughts On Google’s Move Of Clamping Down Fake Reviews?

In episode 87 of Semantic Mastery’s weekly Hump Day Hangouts, one viewer asked about the SM team’s thoughts on Google’s move of clamping down fake reviews in the search results page.

The exact question was:

Hey guys,

I created some fake reviews via the project supremacy plugins review widget on my site then added the aggregate & review structured data to my json ld header code but am still got getting the stars, I heard that google is clamping down on this fake review stuff (i.e reviews not from yelp/GMB/FB etc) and not showing stars and possibly decreasing rankings slightly. Any thoughts on this, and should I just remove the reviews + structured data from my site?

Thanks as always

This Stuff Works

No comments:

Post a Comment