Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Does Having The Same Address With Other Local Businesses Negatively Affect Map Rankings?

In episode 156 of Semantic Mastery's weekly Hump Day Hangouts, one participant asked whether having the same address for an agency and other local offices negatively affects map rankings.

The exact question was:

For the past few months, I've been trying to rank a real estate agency on the map pack, and despite everything I throw at it, it doesn't seem to budge. I followed Maps Kingpin to the letter, ordered at least 150 embeds, and the blog is updated 4 times a week. But then I noticed that the real estate agency and the local RE/MAX office (as well as other RE/MAX agents) have the same address, and that a few weeks ago Marco explained the problem with a listing he had trouble with was that it shared an address. Could this be the reason why nothing is working? I know that in a competitive niche patience is key, but for months it's been at the same spot in the Local Finder. If I change the address, will I have to repeat the process? I have a lot of citations with this address already.

This Stuff Works

No comments:

Post a Comment