Friday, February 23, 2018

How Can You Retain The Map Pack Rankings If You Change The Main Category On An Existing GMB Page?

In episode 170 of Semantic Mastery's weekly Hump Day Hangouts, one participant asked how to retain the map pack rankings of an existing GMB page if you want to change the main service category.

The exact question was:

Have a maps question. I have a GMB setup for a snow removal company that now wants to offer Lawn care and rank in the maps for Lawn care keywords. The business name is KDP Snow Services and I want to change the GMB business name to KDP Lawn & Snow Services (I guess I don't have to tho). Also the GMB's main category is currently Snow Removal and I want to change it to Law Care and make Snow Removal a secondary category. If I make said changes will the map pack rankings for Snow Removal keywords tank (which are currently ranking)? Or Bradley how would you go about making this transition but still retain all map pack rankings?

This Stuff Works

No comments:

Post a Comment