Monday, November 27, 2017

How Would You Compare SEO And UX From An SEO Standpoint?

In episode 157 of the weekly Hump Day Hangouts by Semantic Mastery, one viewer asked the team's opinion on how SEO and UX compare from an SEO standpoint.

The exact question was:

I'm building silo/category pages for a new site – the main content being my latest/sticky posts listings (title+thumbnail+excerpt+masonry layout). I want to add some topically relevant article content (2-3k words+pics/video) to these silo pages, getting the best SEO value from the new content while not pushing my latest/sticky posts way way down the page where readers will miss them. SEO vs UX? So far I am considering the following – how would you compare them from an SEO standpoint?

Put article in an accordion at the top
Put article after latest/sticky posts section – maybe with teaser/jumplink at top
Put article on another page on my site and iframe it into top of silo page (w/ scrollbars)
Put article content in GDoc or GSite and iframe it into top of silo pa

This Stuff Works

No comments:

Post a Comment